Tuscan Grilled Naan Flatbread
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 30 Mins | Servings: 8
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups sliced sweet onion
- 2 (8.8-oz.) pkgs. whole-grain naan flatbread
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion to skillet; cook over medium heat 20 minutes or until softened and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place naan on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce over naan; top with onion, bell pepper and tomatoes. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned and cheese melts. Let cool slightly. Cut into slices, top with basil, and serve.
Calories 290, Total Fat 9g, Saturated Fat 4g, Cholesterol 10mg, Sodium 530mg, Carbohydrate 39g, Dietary Fiber 5g, Protein 14g
Tuna Poke Bowl
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 6 Mins | Servings: 4
- 1 cup uncooked black rice
- 2 Tbs less sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp less sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs sesame oil
- 4 tuna fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Prepare rice as label directs. In medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, vinegar and 2 tablespoons oil.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling (or heat large skillet) over medium-high heat. Rub tuna with remaining 1 tablespoon oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Place tuna on hot grill rack (or in skillet); cover (don’t cover skillet) and cook 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°, turning once.
- Slice tuna ¼-inch thick. Divide rice into 4 bowls; top with avocado, carrots, pineapple, radishes and tuna. Drizzle with soy sauce mixture; sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Calories 546, Total Fat 26g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 47mg, Sodium 443mg, Carbohydrate 44g, Dietary Fiber 7g, Sugars 5g, Protein 37g
Slow Cooker Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Prep Time: 10 Mins | Cook Time: 4 Hours | Servings: 6
- 1 package (8.5 ounces) microwaveable Spanish style rice
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 lb 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup jarred salsa
- 6 green, orange, red and/or yellow bell peppers, tops trimmed and seeded
- 1/3 finely shredded reduced fat Mexican 4 cheese blend
- Prepare rice as label directs.
- Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In large bowl, combine beans, turkey, salsa, rice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fill bell peppers with turkey mixture; place filled side up in prepared slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours or until internal temperature of turkey filling reaches 165°. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Calories 343, Total Fat 10g, Saturated Fat 3g, Cholesterol 66mg, Sodium 611mg, Carbohydrate 38g, Dietary Fiber 9g, Sugars 6g, Protein 26g
Parmesan Crusted Turkey Cutlets with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Prep: 15 minutes I Cook time: 30 minutes I Makes: 5 servings
- 1 ½ cups Chobani Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, divided
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp shallots, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 lb turkey breast, cut into ½” thick 3 oz pieces
- 1½ cups whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large sauce pot over medium high heat. Add butter, shallots, garlic, and mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken stock, Worcestershire and tarragon. Combine cornstarch with water and make a paste. Whisk cornstarch into chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Add ¾ cup Greek yogurt to sauce and heat gently but do not simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and reserve warm.
- Place turkey cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound thin. Marinate with remaining Greek yogurt. Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove cutlets from yogurt and dredge in breadcrumb mixture to coat.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat and add olive oil. Sauté cutlets on both sides until golden brown and turkey is cooked through. Repeat with remaining cutlets and hold cooked cutlets in a 200° oven until ready to serve. Serve 2 cutlets per portion topped with creamy mushroom sauce.
Per Serving: Calories 460, Calories from Fat 120, Total Fat 14g, Saturated Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 510mg, Total Carbohydrate 30g, Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 5g, Protein 60g
One Pot Shrimp with White Beans and Tomatoes
Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 30 minutes Serves: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound raw 31-40 count peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 medium shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) no salt added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- In large saucepot, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until opaque throughout, turning once. Transfer shrimp to plate; reduce heat to medium.
- In same pot, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shallot; cook and stir 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes with their juice and beans; reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in spinach, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, and salt and black pepper to taste; cook 5 minutes. Return shrimp to pot; reduce heat to low and cook 4 minutes. Serve sprinkled with basil.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 269 Calories, 8g Fat (1g Saturated), 135mg Cholesterol, 149mg Sodium, 25g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 7g Sugars, 0g Added Sugars, 24g Protein