It’s time to get outside and dust off that grill – summer is nearly here and we’re ready to get the grilling season started! Check out these easy grilled chicken recipes that are perfect for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, or just any weeknight meal!
BBQ Grilled Chicken Drumsticks
Prep Time: 5 minutes (marinade time extra) | Cook Time: 30 minutes |Serves: 6
- 2 packages Wholesome Pantry Organic Chicken Drumsticks
- 1 container Wholesome Pantry Classic Or Honey BBQ Sauce
- Add chicken drumsticks to a large zip top bag and add the BBQ sauce. Close the bag and shake/massage gently so that all the drumsticks are coated in the sauce. Place in fridge and let marinade for at least 3 hours or up to overnight.
- When ready to grill: heat grill to medium high heat (about 350) and coat/brush the grill grate with olive oil to keep the chicken from sticking. Place drumsticks directly onto the grill and cook, turning occasionally so that they brown evenly, until cooked through, crispy, and the internal temperature registers 165º F when checked with an instant read thermometer, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest at least 3-5 minutes before serving.
Hot and Sweet Grilled Chicken Thighs
Prep Time: 5 minutes (marinade time extra) | Cook Time: 25 minutes |Serves: 6-8
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Pantry olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ cup Wholesome Pantry honey
- 1/3 cup sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 lbs Wholesome Pantry Organic Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Whisk together all ingredients except chicken to make marinade. Once well mixed, add marinade and chicken to a large zip-top plastic bag. Close and gently massage/shake to coat chicken in marinade. Place chicken in fridge and let marinade for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- When ready to grill: heat grill to medium high heat (about 350) and coat/brush the grill grate with olive oil to keep the chicken from sticking. Place chicken thighs directly onto the grill and cook, turning occasionally so that they brown evenly, until cooked through and the internal temperature registers 165º F when checked with an instant read thermometer, approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill and let rest at least 3-5 minutes before serving
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes |Serves: 4-6
- 1 lb Wholesome Pantry Organic Chicken Breasts, thin cut
- 1 package Wholesome Pantry romaine hearts, sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ baguette, (we use gluten free) sliced on a bias in ¼ inch slices
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- ShopRite Caesar Dressing
- Wholesome Pantry Caesar Croutons
- Preheat grill to medium (325-350 degrees) and spray/brush grill grates with olive oil to keep food from sticking. Season chicken with salt and pepper and brush lightly with a little olive oil.
- Place chicken breasts directly on grill and cook, flipping occasionally, until cooked all the way through (approximately 5-7 minutes depending on thickness). Set aside to cool slightly, then cut into slices for salad.
- Place the romaine hearts directly on the grill and cook approximately 2 minutes or until the romaine has a nice char but is not burnt.
- Top romaine halves with grilled chicken, Caesar dressing, croutons and shaved parmesan.
Grilled Chicken Veggie Foil Packs
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes |Serves: 4
- 1 ½ lbs Wholesome Pantry organic chicken breasts
- ½ - 1 cup Wholesome Pantry BBQ Sauce
- 2 large bell peppers, cored and sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 small zucchini, sliced into coins or half moons
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut 4 – 16 inch long pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Spray the center of each foil piece with cooking spray, then evenly divide the veggies amongst the four foil pieces. Drizzle with some of the BBQ sauce, then evenly divide chicken breasts amongst foil and place on top of the veggies. Brush chicken with more BBQ sauce and spray with a little more cooking spray. Add a dash of salt and pepper if desired.
- Take the ends of each foil pack and bring them towards the center to make a pouch/packet for the chicken and veggies, crimping the foil together to close tightly.
- Preheat grill to 350-375 (medium high heat) and place foil packets directly on grill. Close grill and let cook for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Let packets rest for a few minutes before carefully unwrapping and drizzling with a little more BBQ sauce, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!