The sun is shining, the birds are chirping….what better excuse could you have to host a beautiful spring brunch? From Mother’s Day to Bridal Showers or birthdays, this easy brunch and mimosa bar is THE way to go this season for spring entertaining.
For the mimosa bar, pick up your favorite bottle of champagne and pair it with the following so your guests can mix and match to their hearts’ content:
- Wholesome Pantry Orange Juice
- Wholesome Pantry Strawberry Lemonade
- Wholesome Pantry Lemonade
- Wholesome Pantry Raspberry Lemonade
- Sliced strawberries
- Fresh blackberries, blueberries or raspberries
- Diced mangoes or peaches (fresh or frozen work!)
Keep the fresh fruit handy for an easy waffle and pancake bar as well! Whip up a stack or two of Wholesome Pantry Buttermilk or Classic pancakes and waffles the night before and warm them in the oven before guests arrive! Serve with fresh fruit, Wholesome Pantry Maple Syrup, sliced nuts, and any other toppings you and your guests would enjoy.
Additional accompaniments to think about: freshly cooked Wholesome Pantry Hardwood Smoked Bacon, buttermilk biscuits paired with any of our Wholesome Pantry Preserves or Marmalade, and plenty of freshly brewed Wholesome Pantry coffee.
Looking for a few additional fun recipes to take your brunch to the next level? Try out our easy mini avocado toasts or our Kale and Cherry Tomato Frittata!
Mini Avocado Toasts
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 3 minutes |Serves: 6-8 as appetizer
- 4 slices Wholesome Pantry Seeded Bread
- 2 avocadoes, peeled, pitted and chopped
- A handful of Wholesome Pantry Grape Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup ShopRite Goat Cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast the bread to your desired level of crispyness. Once toasted, top with avocado and use a fork to smash the avocado into an even spread across the toasts. Cut the toasts into quarters, then top with halved cherry tomatoes and goat cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve!
Kale and Cherry Tomato Frittata
Prep Time: 7 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes |Serves: 8-10
- 8 Wholesome Pantry large eggs
- 1/4 cup Wholesome Pantry Half and Half
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups cooked/sautéed kale
- 1/3 cup ShopRite crumbled goat cheese
- Whisk together eggs, half-and-half, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning in a large mixing bowl. Gently stir in kale and tomatoes
- Heat a large 10 inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat and preheat broiler. Add egg mixture and stir gently to evenly distribute kale and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle goat cheese evenly over frittata then reduce heat to medium-low and cook (do not stir!) about 6 minutes or until frittata is set at the edges of the skillet but still runny on top.
- Place skillet in oven and broil for 2-4 minutes or until completely set and golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand 2 to 3 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Note: this can also be cooled completely, placed in the fridge, and served chilled/room temp the next day!