Double, double toil and trouble; its time to turn on that oven and get cooking! These terrifyingly tasty party foods are sure to impress even your spookiest guests.
Creepy Spider Pizza
- 1 package ShopRite Pizza Dough
- 1-2 cups ShopRite pizza sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can ShopRite pitted black olives, drained
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out mini pizza shapes from the dough. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread each crust with pizza sauce. Create spider shapes by slicing olives in half lengthwise to make the bodies, then slicing the other half into small “legs”. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese is melted and lightly browned and bottom of crust is browned.
Jack O Lantern Pastry Tarts
- 1 package (2 pie crusts) ShopRite pre-rolled Pie Crusts
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry Pumpkin Puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- a few tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, cream cheese and cinnamon until smooth. Set aside.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles from the pie crust. Use one circle as the bottom of the pastry tart. On the other pie circle, use a knife to cut out Jack O Lantern face.
- Place plain pie circles on the cookie sheet, spread a tbsp or 2 of pumpkin mixture in the center of the pie circles, then top with the jack-o-lantern pie circles. Use a fork to crimp the edges to finish your pastry tarts.
- Whish together the egg and a few tbsp of water to make an egg wash. Brush over your pastries before putting in the oven and baking 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Beet and Bat Hummus
- 5-6 Tortillas
- 3-4 tbsp ShopRite Canola Oil
- 3-4 tsp ShopRite Paprika
- 1 container Wholesome Pantry Beet Hummus
- bat or other halloween shaped cookie cutters
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line one cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Use the bat cookie cutter to cut out bat shapes from the tortillas. Place on cookie sheet and brush with canola oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 3 minutes, then carefully flip tortilla chips and brush again with canola oil and sprinkle with paprika. Bake another 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
- Serve bat tortilla chips with Wholesome Pantry Beet Hummus
Chocolate Covered Jack O Lantern Cookie Pops
- 1 package Wholesome Pantry Chocolate Sandwich Creme Cookies
- lollipop sticks (1 per cookie)
- 1 container Marshmallow Creme
- 2 (12 oz) bags white chocolate chips
- orange food coloring
- black food coloring
- Carefully separate the sandwich cookies and place filling side up on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Dip a lollipop stick into the marshmallow creme, then place in the center of one of the cookies. Top with the other side of the sandwich cookie and press gently to seal. Repeat with as many cookies as desired.
- Microwave white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Pour a little melted white chocolate into a smaller bowl.
- Add a few drops of orange food coloring to the larger bowl of melted white chocolate and stir until color is evenly distributed. Add a few drops of black food coloring to the smaller bowl and repeat. (You can also use dark chocolate instead of dying the white chocolate black if you prefer.)
- Carefully dip a cookie pop into the melted orange-colored chocoalte, using a spoon to help you cover the whole cookie evenly. Place back on foil lined cookie sheet and repeat until all cookies are coated. Let dry.
- Add the melted black-colored chocolate to a zipoloc bag, snip off one corner, and pipe Jack O Lantern faces onto the cookie pops.