Summer is coming to a close, and with it comes the return to school, work, soccer practice, and busy schedules! Don’t let hectic weeknights get you down – transform into a meal prep master with these easy recipes that transform our rotisserie chicken into chili, soup and more!
#1: Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
No need to let this soup simmer on the stove for hours; with a rotisserie chicken this cold-weather classic can be ready in just 30 minutes!
Chicken Noodle Soup
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Serves: 6
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground Oregano
- 1/2 tsp ground Thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups ShopRite Chicken Stock
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded ShopRite Kitchen NAE Rotisserie chicken
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add carrots, celery, onion, garlic, oregano, thyme and bay leaf; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- Stir in stock. Bring to boil. Stir in noodles. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; simmer 5 to 10 minutes longer or until chicken is heated through. Remove bay leaf before serving.
#2: BBQ Chicken Pizza
Everyone loves pizza night! Skip ordering from the local pizza joint and make your own with pre-rolled crust, your favorite BBQ sauce, and shredded rotisserie chicken.
BBQ Chicken Pizza
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 17 min | Servings: 4
- 2 cups shredded ShopRite Kitchen NAE Rotisserie Chicken
- 1 pizza crust, 12-in.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 3 Tbs cilantro, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Place pizza crust on a large greased baking sheet.
- Spread barbecue sauce over pizza crust to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Sprinkle evenly with rotisserie chicken, onion, and cheese. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through. Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
#3: Chicken Leg Cajun Rice Skillet
Simplicity at its best – top any side, like Cajun Dirty Rice or roasted potatoes, with these rotisserie chicken leg quarters for an instant skillet meal!
#4: Chicken Chili
Perfect for the big game or a rainy day, this chicken chili comes together in a fraction of the time with pre-cooked rotisserie chicken! Be sure to include all of your family’s favorite toppings, like shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped jalapenos etc.
Easy Chicken Chili
- 2 medium chopped peeled onions, divided
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cans 4 oz. each whole green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp crushed dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups shredded ShopRite Kitchens NAE Rotisserie chicken
- 3 cans Wholesome Pantry Cannelini beans, drained
- 6 cups chicken broth
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add oil and onions and sauté until tender. Add green chiles, garlic, cumin, oregano and red pepper flakes and stir until well combined.
- Add chicken, beans, chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Serve warm, garnished with sour cream, cheddar cheese and salsa, if desired.
#5 Chicken Fried Rice
Who needs takeout when you have a rotisserie chicken? Leftover rice gets a much-needed reboot when stir-fried with a little soy sauce, freshly chopped vegetables and shredded rotisserie chicken. Want to keep the prep time down even more? Pick up pre-chopped fresh veggies from the produce aisle of your local ShopRite!
Easy Chicken Fried Rice
Preparation Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Serves: 4
- 1/2 cup cut-up fresh vegetables
- 1 cup shredded cooked ShopRite Kitchen NAE Rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs sugar
- Fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges (optional)
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil, divided
- 2 cups cold cooked/leftover Jasmine Rice
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- HEAT oil in wok or large skillet on medium-high heat. Add onion and vegetables; stir fry 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- STIR in rice, fish sauce and sugar; stir fry 3 minutes or until rice is heated through. Add chicken and green onions; stir fry until heated through. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.