Pecan Zucchini Bread
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 60 min | Total Time: 1 hr 20 min | Serves: 2 loaves
- 2 cups Bowl & Basket all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Bowl & Basket whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
- 1 ¾ cups Bowl & Basket granulated sugar
- ½ cup Bowl & Basket brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease 2 8-inch loaf pans with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine first six ingredients (through the salt) until well mixed.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, oil, both sugars and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over flour mixture and begin to stir together. When only a few streaks of flour remain, fold in zucchini and chopped pecans.
- Divide zucchini bread batter between both loaf pans, then bake in 350-degree oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan (on top of a wire rack) for at least 20 minutes before carefully removing from the pan and let cooling completely before slicing and serving.
Fresh Corn Cornbread
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 45 min | Total Time: 1 hr 5 min | Serves: 9-12 slices
- 1 ¼ cup Bowl & Basket all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup Bowl & Basket milk
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 6 tbsp Bowl & Basket unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup Bowl & Basket granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- Corn from two large cobs (about 1 1/3 cups kernels)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-inch cast-iron skillet with butter.
- In a medium bowl add flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine milk, buttermilk, oil and honey and whisk well. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or a large bowl with a hand mixer) beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with each egg to make sure they are well incorporated.
- With the mixer on low, slowly alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk mixture until both have been mixed into the batter. When only a few bits of flour remain, gently fold in corn kernels. Do not overmix.
- Gently pour batter into greased skillet and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pan completely before slicing and serving!