Move over Taco Tuesday - it's time for Italian Night to take center stage! Serve up any of these simple Italian dinners with a little help from our friends at Prego.
Skillet Vegetable Lasagna with Herbed Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large red onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium zucchini (about 1 pound), diced (about 3 cups)
- 1 large yellow squash (about 11 ounces), diced (about 2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Tomato Basil Garlic Italian Sauce
- 6 ShopRite oven ready (no-boil) lasagna noodles, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup ShopRite reduced fat (part skim) ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the zucchini, yellow squash and remaining oil and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons basil. Season to taste. Reduce the heat to low. Stir in the sauce and lasagna noodles. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the lasagna noodles are almost tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir the cheese, Italian seasoning and lemon zest in a small bowl. Drop the cheese mixture by spoonfuls onto the lasagna mixture. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Sprinkle with the remaining basil.
Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) part skin ShopRite ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) Wholesome Pantry chopped frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry shredded mozzarella cheese (about 4 ounces)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 18 cooked jumbo shell shaped pasta, drained
- 1 jar (23 3/4 ounces) Prego® Garden Harvest Chunky Combo Italian Sauce
- Stir the ricotta cheese, broccoli, 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and black pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture into each shell.
- Spread 1 cup of the sauce in a 13 x 9 x 2-inch shallow baking dish. Place the filled shells on the sauce. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells. Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 minutes or until it's hot and bubbling.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 1/4 pounds Wholesome Pantry boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 ounces Wholesome Pantry sliced mushrooms (about 4 cups)
- 1 extra large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- Season the chicken as desired. Layer the mushrooms, onion, pepper, garlic, chicken, Italian seasoning, sauce and wine in the Instant Pot®.
- Lock the lid and close the pressure release valve.Select the Pressure Cook or Manual setting according to which model of Instant Pot® you're using. (If using Manual setting, select High pressure.)Set the timer to 10 minutes (timer will begin counting down once pressure is reached).When done, press Cancel and use the quick release method to release the pressure.
- Season to taste and serve.Or, if you like a thicker sauce, cook, uncovered, on the Saute setting for 10 minutes or until sauce is thickened.Serve the chicken and sauce over hot cooked pasta, if desired.