Making a quick breakfast in the morning, rushing to soccer practice, getting dinner on the table in under 30 minutes -- we know your day-to-day schedule can be hectic. ShopRite is all about helping you create quick, convenient, healthier options on the go! These better-for-you, balanced recipes are exactly what you need to conquer your schedule and keep you energized throughout the day.
Sriracha Broccoli Slaw
Prep: 15 minutes • Cook: 5 minutes • Serves: 6
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced (about 1 teaspoon)
- ¾ teaspoon grated fresh ginger (about 1-inch piece)
- 1 bag (9 ounces) broccoli cole slaw
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 stalks bok choy, thinly sliced (about 1½ cups)
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- 3 tablespoons pure honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2½ teaspoons sriracha chili sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch ground cloves
- Sunflower kernels (optional)
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
2. Increase heat to medium-high. Add coleslaw, onions, bok choy and bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in honey, lime juice, sriracha, salt, pepper and cloves. Serve sprinkled with sunflower kernels, if desired.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 92 Calories, 4g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 349mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 1g Protein
Greek Grilled Cheese with Chicken
Prep: 10 minutes • Cook: 12 minutes • Serves 4
- 8 slices whole grain 100% whole wheat bread
- 4 slices low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1½ cups skinless sliced rotisserie chicken breast
- ½ cup thinly sliced cucumber
- ⅓ cup drained marinated eggplant strips
- ¼ cup drained mild banana pepper rings
- ¼ cup drained and sliced roasted red peppers
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Spray 1 side of each bread slice with olive oil cooking spray. Place 4 slices, oil side down, on work surface; top with cheese, tomatoes, chicken, cucumber, eggplant, banana peppers, red peppers, feta cheese, oregano, and remaining 4 bread slices, oil side up.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. In 2 batches, cook sandwiches 6 minutes or until bread is golden brown and cheese melts, turning once and pressing down occasionally with large spatula. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half to serve.
Per serving: 402 Calories, 11g Fat (5g Saturated), 65mg Cholesterol, 775mg Sodium, 46g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 8g Sugars, 6g Added Sugars, 22g Protein
Make it a meal: Serve with chickpea, celery and red onion salad tossed in light Greek vinaigrette.
Chef Tip: Pat drained eggplant, banana peppers and roasted red peppers dry with paper towel to prevent sandwich from getting soggy.
Cold Sesame Noodle Salad
Prep: 20 minutes | Serves: 4 | Makes about 3½ cups.
- ½ (8-ounce) package soba noodles
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2½ teaspoons lime ponzu sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- Prepare noodles as label directs; drain and rinse under cold water.
- In large bowl, whisk powdered peanut butter with 1 tablespoon water until smooth; whisk in garlic, vinegar, oil, ponzu sauce and red pepper flakes. Add bell pepper, edamame and noodles; toss to combine and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 177 Calories, 5g Fat (1g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 168mg Sodium, 27g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 1g Sugars, 1g Added Sugars, 8g Protein
Grilled Chicken Saté with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Prep: 25 minutes plus marinating • Grill: 8 minutes • Serves: 6
- 18 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1¼ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1½ tablespoons fish sauce
- 1½ tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced diagonally into ½-inch-thick strips
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1½ tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In wide, shallow dish, soak skewers in water 30 minutes. In blender or food processor with knife blade attached, purée garlic, ¾ cup coconut milk, brown sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, ginger and turmeric.
- Thread chicken onto skewers, weaving chicken in and out of skewer; place in medium, deep bowl. Pour ½ cup coconut milk mixture over chicken skewers and rotate to coat evenly; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In small saucepot, heat onions, peanut butter, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, remaining ½ cup coconut milk and remaining coconut milk mixture over low heat until mixture simmers, whisking occasionally; cook 2 minutes. Remove saucepot from heat; keep warm. Makes about 1¾ cups sauce.
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Remove skewers from marinade; discard marinade. Place skewers on hot grill rack; cook 8 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°, turning once. Serve with peanut dipping sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 177 Calories, 20g Fat (5g Saturated), 62mg Cholesterol, 679 mg Sodium, 28g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 27g Protein
Poached Salmon with Cucumber Tzatziki
Prep time: 15 minutes 5 minutes stand time extra | cook time: 15 minutes | serves: 4
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 thyme sprigs
- 4 (6-oz.) salmon fillets
- For the tzatziki, using a box grater, coarsely shred cucumber. Place cucumber in a medium bowl. Add yogurt, garlic, dill, parsley, and 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- For the poaching liquid, fill a straight-sided skillet with a tightfitting lid with broth. Add remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus celery, onion, carrot and thyme. Cover and bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes.
- After the poaching liquid has cooked 10 minutes, increase heat to high and bring to boiling. Reduce heat to low; add fillets, skin side up. Cook, covered, 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove fillets from poaching liquid, and let rest 5 minutes. Spoon tzatziki evenly onto 4 plates, top with fillets, and serve.
Per serving: 260 calories, 10g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 70mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 3g total sugars, 0g added sugars, 35g protein
Pepper & Cheddar Rigatoni with Arugula & Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons mixed peppercorns
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta, preferably artisan-style
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 small Spanish onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ½ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1½ teaspoons salt, preferably Hibiscus salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest, plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces Cabot Sharp Shredded Cheddar
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes, preferably mixed orange and red
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 cups loosely packed baby arugula, washed, spun dry and roughly chopped
- Crack and mash peppercorns to desired consistency, with mortar and pestle. Alternatively, place peppercorns in zip-close plastic bag and mash with meat mallet. Set aside.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions until al dente. Drain, rinse and set aside. Wash and dry pot.
- Add oil to pot and place over medium-high heat until oil is hot but not smoking. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until starting to brown, 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- Add onion, and continue cooking, stirring often, until softened and starting to brown, about 2 to 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add rigatoni, stirring to coat with oil and garlic mixture. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and reserved peppercorns, stirring just until pasta is warmed through. Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley, salt and lemon zest. Add cheddar, tomatoes and basil. Add arugula and stir to combine. Serve with more lemon zest sprinkled on top.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 304, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g, Cholesterol: 15mg, Sodium: 534mg, Carbohydrates: 45g, Dietary Fiber: 2.5g, Protein: 12g, Calcium: 138mg
Creamy Thai Peanut Spaghetti Squash
Prep: 25 mins | Cook: 45 mins | Total: 1 hr 30 mins
- 3 medium or 2 large spaghetti squash
- 1½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup smooth natural peanut butter, room temperature
- ½ cup Cabot Plain Greek Yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Sriracha or Sambal Oelek hot sauce, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced red onion
- chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out seeds and place cut-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and roast until the spaghetti squash is just tender and the flesh pulls into strands when tested with a fork, 55 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes depending on size. Remove from the oven, turn cut side up to cool.
- Mash 1 teaspoon salt and garlic with the side of a knife to form a paste. Whisk peanut butter, yogurt, maple syrup, lime juice, hot sauce, ginger, the garlic paste and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl until smooth. Add ¼ cup basil and 2 tablespoons cilantro to the dressing and stir to combine
- Scoop the spaghetti squash out of the shell and mix into the peanut sauce in the bowl. Chill until cold.
- Top spaghetti squash mixture with red bell pepper and red onion, to serve. Top with the remaining ¼ cup basil and the remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro and peanuts. Serve with additional hot sauce.
Nutrition Facts (1 generous cup): Calories: 180, Total Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 530mg, Carbohydrates: 17g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Protein: 5g, Calcium: 63mg
Cranberry Apple Pecan Overnight Oats
Prep: 10 mins | Total: 10 mins | Serves 2
- ⅔ cup rolled oats, not instant
- ½ cup Cabot Low-fat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- ⅔ cup low-fat (1% milk)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 small apple, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Combine in a medium bowl the oats, yogurt, milk, cinnamon, salt, diced apple and cranberries. Mix well to combine. Divide the mixture between 2 serving dishes or jars.
- Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with chopped pecans before serving.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 331 Total Fat: 10g Carbohydrates: 50g Sugar: 24g Sodium: 113mg
Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal
- ⅓ cup rolled oats, not instant
- ⅓ cup 2% milk
- ¼ cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- ¼ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Combine the oats, milk and yogurt in a small bowl or jar. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 6 hours. Top with the sliced strawberries and serve.
Tips: Make several servings to last through the week! Overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator for up to five days!
Nutrition Facts (serves 1): Calories: 238, Total Fat: 5g, Protein: 12g, Carbohydrates: 35g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 13g, Sodium: 52mg
Ham and Veggie Egg Cups with Cheddar
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 18 mins | Total: 33 mins
- 2 cups chopped cooked vegetables and meat, such as mushrooms, ham, peppers and scallions
- 6 ounces Cabot Seriously Sharp Shredded Cheddar Cheese(about 1½ cups)
- 10 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill or chives
- 1½ teaspoons tarragon or oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- Coat a muffin tin generously with cooking spray or grease with softened Cabot butter. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Divide vegetables and meat evenly among the muffin tin wells. Top with Cabot cheddar, dividing evenly.
- Beat eggs, dill or chives, tarragon or oregano, salt and pepper in a blender on medium speed until combined, but not overly foamy, 10 to 15 seconds. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies and cheddar, dividing evenly.
- Bake until the egg cups are just set up and puffed, 17 to 19 minutes.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 160, Protein 14g, Carbs 3g Dietary Fiber <1g Fat 10g Saturated Fat 4g Sodium 462mg
Easy Egg Burrito
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup chopped cooked vegetables (leftovers are fine)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 corn or flour tortillas
- 1 ounce Cabot Sharp Light Cheddar, grated (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoons tomato salsa
- Coat inside of small microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray; add eggs and beat lightly with fork to combine. Add vegetables and milk and stir together.
- Cover bowl loosely with plastic wrap (to prevent splatter). Microwave on high power for 40 seconds.
- Stir eggs to break up clumps, recover bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds longer or until cooked through (time will vary with microwave).
- Place half of eggs in center of each tortilla and top with cheese. Roll up and top with salsa.
Nutrition Facts: Calories: 281 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 221mg Sodium: 529mg Carbohydrates: 30g Dietary Fiber: <1g Protein: 16g Calcium: 240mg
Crab & Shrimp Bruschetta
Prep: 15 minutes • Cook: 5 minutes • Serves: 12
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, diced (2 cups)
- 1 cup refrigerated or canned white and/or lump crabmeat, drained and picked through
- 1 cup cooked 70-90 count peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if necessary (6 ounces)
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sliced fresh basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French baguette
- ¼ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In blender, purée garlic and oil until smooth. In large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons oil mixture, tomatoes, crabmeat, shrimp, rice vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cut bread into 1-inch-thick slices and brush generously with remaining oil mixture. Preheat grill pan over high heat.
- Grill bread slices 1 minute per side. To serve, spoon seafood mixture onto bread; top with cheese.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 241 Calories, 14g Fat (2g Saturated), 50mg Cholesterol, 343mg Sodium, 18g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 10g Protein
Raw Vegetable Bowl with Farro and Ginger-Cashew Cream
Prep: 20 minutes plus soaking • Cook: 15 minutes • Serves: 4
Farro and Ginger-Cashew Cream
- 1 cup pearled farro
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 small red and/or yellow beets, peeled and grated
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup diagonally sliced snap peas
- ½ cup honey roasted or favorite chickpea snacks
- ½ cup matchstick-cut carrots
- ¼ cup matchstick-cut radishes
- Micro greens and toasted cumin seeds for garnish (optional)
- Prepare Farro and Ginger-Cashew Cream: Prepare farro as label directs; cool. Makes about 3 cups.
- Heat 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. In medium bowl, pour boiling water over cashews; soak 1 hour, drain and rinse. In blender, blend cashews, lemon juice, ginger, turmeric, salt and 1 cup water on high until smooth. Makes about 1¼ cups.
- Divide farro into 4 bowls. Arrange Toppings over farro; garnish with micro greens and cumin seeds, if desired. Serve with 1 cup Cashew-Cream Sauce.
Approximate nutritional values per serving: 498 Calories, 21g Fat (3g Saturated), 0mg Cholesterol, 284mg Sodium, 64g Carbohydrates, 17g Fiber, 9g Sugars, 2g Added Sugars, 17g Protein
Chef Tip: Use remaining Ginger-Cashew Cream drizzled over an Asian-inspired salad or roasted vegetables.