Autumn is officially here and we're ready to get cooking. Dive into these fun, fall-focused recipes like a kid diving into a pile of leaves!
Apple Ginger Scones with Apple Cider Cinnamon Glaze
- 2 cups ShopRite all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ShopRite baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup Wholesome Pantry brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp apple pie spice
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 8 tbsp butter, chilled and cut into small cubes (use coconut oil for vegan!)
- ½ cup Wholesome Pantry milk or almond milk
- 2 gala or honeycrisp apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten (flax egg for vegan)
For the Glaze
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry powdered sugar; sifted
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp ShopRite apple cider
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, sugar and spices. Give it a few pules to sift. Next, drop in the cubed cold butter and pulse until evenly incorporated and the whole mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine milk, eggs and apple in a separate bowl before adding to mixture in the food processer, again pulsing a few more times until a thick dough comes together.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly before rolling/patting the dough out into an 8 inch circle approximately 1 inch high. Cut circle into eight segments (like a pie) and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. While they cool, whisk together glaze ingredients until well mixed. Drizzle over cooled scones and enjoy!
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
- 1 ½ cups ShopRite all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups ShopRite whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ShopRite salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ShopRite baking soda
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp ShopRite cinnamon
- 2 cups Wholesome Pantry canned pumpkin
- 2/3 cup Wholesome Pantry brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Wholesome Pantry cane sugar
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Wholesome Pantry large eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry dried cranberries
- 1 cup ShopRite chopped walnuts, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 12 cup muffin pans with paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine both flours, salt, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk together pumpkin, both sugars, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredient mixture, stirring until just combined. Finally, fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill muffin cups ⅔ way full, topping with a few more crushed walnuts if desired. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes before gently removing to cool on a wire rack.
- 1 pkg Wholesome Pantry cubed butternut squash – roasted or cooked
- 2-3 cups chopped curly kale
- 2 -3 cups Wholesome Pantry arugula
- ½ cup Wholesome Pantry dried cranberries
- ½ cup sliced beets
- 2 sliced apples, such as honeycrisp or gala
- ½ cup Wholesome Pantry pepitas
- ¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- ¼ - ½ cup prepared apple cider vinaigrette
- Toss all ingredients with apple cider dressing until salad is well mixed.
- Serve immediately!
No Knead Rosemary Seeded Bread
- 2 1/2 cups ShopRite all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ShopRite whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup tbsp Wholesome Pantry pumpkin seeds + ¼ cup for topping
- 1 ½ tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon instant yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- store-bought apple butternut soup, for serving
- In large mixing bowl, combine both flours, salt, yeast and pumpkin seeds until well mixed. Slowly stir in the water and continue stirring (or kneading with a dough hook if using a stand mixer) until a thick, shaggy dough forms. Dough will not be uniform - this is ok!
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set to rest in a dark, warm place overnight or for at least 12 hours. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 450 and place a 4-6 quart cast iron or ceramic pot with lid in the oven and let it preheat with the oven.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully remove the pot and its lid to the stove top. Quickly but carefully, scrape the dough from the bowl into your hands and roughly shape it into a ball before gently dropping into the preheated pot.
- Sprinkle the leftover pumpkin seeds across the top (if desired) and then place the lid on the pot and bake the bread at 450 for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and let bread bake for another 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Use a spatula to gently lift the bread out of the pot and transfer it to a wire rack to cool.
- Transfer onto a cooling rack, and let cool.
- Pair with our store-made apple butternut squash soup for a perfect fall lunch!
Pumpkin Chipotle Chili
- 1 pound Wholesome Pantry lean ground beef or chicken
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped shallots
- 1 tbsp (3-4 cloves) minced garlic
- 1 container Wholesome Pantry chicken stock
- 1 15-ounce can ShopRite diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can Wholesome Pantry black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can ShopRite pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ShopRite Pumpkin Puree
- 1 package Wholesome Pantry cubed sweet potatoes
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- for serving: cilantro, limes, avocados
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onions, and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes before adding in 1 tbsp chili powder, cumin and ginger. Continue to cook meat until browned.
- Gently add all other ingredients (except for toppings) to the pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and let cool to thicken slightly, then serve with chopped cilantro and/or avocado.
Pumpkin Baked Ziti with Sausage, Mushrooms and Kale
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pound Wholesome Pantry sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 oz sautéed mushrooms
- 10 oz sautéed kale
- 1 ½ cups Wholesome Pantry chickenor vegetable stock
- 15 oz can Wholesome Pantry pumpkin puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 and bring a large pot of water to boil. Boil penne until al dente.\
- While the pasta is cooking, brown sausage in a large skillet until browned. Remove with slotted spoon, then add in shallots and garlic and rosemary. Once shallots have softened, add in chicken stock and pumpkin puree and mix until sauce comes together.
- Stir in sausage, mushrooms, kale and cooked pasta, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer pasta mixture to 9x13 casserole dish and top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden
Maple Roasted Pork Tenderloin
- 2 lb. Wholesome Pantry pork tenderloin
- 3 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped Fresh Rosemary
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup ShopRite apple cider
- ½ cup Wholesome Pantry chicken or vegetable stock
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for pork. Place pork in bowl, cover with marinade and let marinate for at least 30 minutes (or up to overnight in the fridge)
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees. Transfer pork to a wire rack over a foil-lined cookie sheet. Roast at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 160 degree. Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with roasted potatoes, Brussels sprouts or an autumn salad.
Harvest Cheese Board
These are just a few suggestions – feel free to switch it up with any of your favorites!
- Cheeses: Herb Coated Goat Cheese / Blue cheese / gouda
- Meats: Genoa and traditional salamis
- Nuts: Pumpkin seeds / Pecans / walnuts / cashews
- Breads: Pumpernickel bread / Seeded crackers
- Fruit and Add-ons: apple slices / purple or black grapes / dried cranberries / honey / stone ground mustard/ fresh rosemary garnish