Step 1: Start with a few fun appetizers and beveragesBegin building your menu with a few of our ShopRite Trading Company sparkling waters, Wholesome Pantry breadsticks and ShopRite Trading Company Basting Oil. Want to take it up a notch? Serve up homemade focaccia!
Easy Overnight Focaccia
- 3 cups ShopRite all-purpose flour or 1 ½ cups each all-purpose and whole wheat flour
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 tbsp ShopRite Trading Co Toscano or Sicilian Olive Oil
Toppings (choose your favorites!) sautéed mushrooms, fresh rosemary or thyme, shredded Asiago cheese, diced ShopRite Trading Company Artichokes or olives
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and yeast. Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture and add water. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir until a sticky, shaggy dough forms.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rest at room temp for 12 to 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Gently remove the dough from the bowl onto a lightly floured surface. Flour your hands if necessary and roughly shape it into a ball. Spread dough to fill a cast iron pan, then cover with plastic wrap and let rise again for another 30 minutes.
- Remove plastic wrap and use fingers to make indentations all over the top of the dough. Brush top of dough with a few tablespoons of olive oil, then sprinkle on all desired toppings. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely before slicing or serving
Step 2: Pair your favorite pasta with your favorite flavor of our ShopRite Trading Company Pasta Sauce
This lemon olive oil almond cake will be a new family favorite for sure!
Step 3: Don't forget dessert
Lemon Almond Olive Oil Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry cane sugar
- 1/2 cup ShopRite Trading Company extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (roughly one lemon)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup ShopRite all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- ½ cup ShopRite sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350*F and line a 9 inch round cake pan with cooking spray and parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or you can use a hand mixer and another bowl), beat together eggs and sugar until it has nearly doubled in volume. This can take about 5 minutes and the mixture should look fluffy.
- Gently whisk olive oil and lemon juice into the egg mixture, then begin to fold in flour with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until some flour remains, then fold in almonds.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan. Gently tap pan on the counter to remove any larger air bubbles. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the top is a golden and a toothpick entered in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Gently run a butter knife along the edges of the cake to release it from the pan and continue cooling on a wired rack. Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle a few additional sliced almonds over top before serving.
Chocolate Pistachio: Omit lemon and almond extract. Replace almonds with chopped pistachios, lemon juice with white vinegar and replace ¼ cup of the flour with ¼ cup of cocoa powder.