Does the cold winter weather have you daydreaming of spring? Bring a little sunshine into your routine with our new Whlesome Pantry Organic Preserves! Check out the recipes below for the perfect Sunday brunch menu for your friends and family!
Mini Pancake and Waffle Stacks
- ShopRite Pancake Mix
- water called for on ShopRite Pancake Mix box
- 1 box Wholesome Pantry Blueberry Waffles
- Wholesome Pantry Maple Syrup, for drizzling
- 3-4 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Organic Preserves
- Make a batch of mini pancakes according to package direction on pancake mix.
- Heat waffles according to package directions and cut into quarters.
- Put 3-4 pancakes on a toothpick and drizzle with maple syrup and a dollop of your favorite preserves flavor. Repeat with waffle pieces.
Easy Homemade Danish
- 1 can (8 oz) ShopRite refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- ¼ cup Wholesome Pantry Preserves (pick you favorite flavor!)
- 4 tbsp ShopRite cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon Wholesome Pantry Cane Sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons ShopRite All Purpose Flour
- ¼ teaspoon ShopRite pure vanilla extract
- 1 Wholesome Pantry egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 375°F. Remove crescent rolls from package, but do not unroll. Using serrated knife, cut roll into 8 rounds; carefully separate rounds. Place the rounds about 2 inches apart on an ungreased large cookie sheet and press each round until it’s 3 inches wide and about 1/4 inch thick, making a small indentation in the center of each round to hold the filling.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until smooth.
- Fill each indentation with 1 tablespoon cream cheese mixture and 1 tsp of preferred preserves.
- In small bowl, beat egg and water with wire whisk or fork until well blended. Carefully brush edge of dough with egg mixture; sprinkle with almonds. Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Jam-Filled Crescent Ring
- 4 oz ShopRite cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup Wholesome Pantry granulated sugar
- ¼ cup Wholesome Pantry Organic Orange Marmalade
- 1 can ShopRite refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- ½ cup Wholesome Pantry powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Wholesome Pantry milk
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray large cookie sheet with cooking spray. In small bowl, mix cream cheese, granulated sugar, lemon juice and lemon peel with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Unroll dough and separate into 2 large rectangles. Overlap long sides to form 13×7-inch rectangle; firmly press edges and perforations to seal. Spread cream cheese mixture on rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges. Spread lemon marmalade over the cream cheese mixture.
- Starting with 1 long side of rectangle, roll up; pinch edge to seal. With serrated knife, cut into 12 slices. Arrange slices on cookie sheet in a circle, overlapping slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. In small bowl, mix Glaze ingredients until thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle over warm crescent ring.
Almond Biscotti with Tea
Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 45 minutes | Makes 32 (1 biscotti) servings.
- 2 1/2 cups ShopRite flour
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry Cane Sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Wholesome Pantry eggs
- 2 tsp ShopRite Vanilla Extract
- freshly brewed Wholesome Pantry Mint, Chamomile or Green Tea
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat flour, sugar, baking powder, anise seed, almonds and salt in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed. Beat eggs and vanilla in separate bowl. Gradually add to dry ingredients, beating just until the dough resembles wet sand. Do not over mix.
- Divide dough in half. Roll each half into a 12-inch long log. Transfer logs to greased baking sheet. Flatten logs to 1-inch thickness.
- Bake 30 minutes or until slightly risen and firm to touch. Cool logs on wire rack 15 minutes. Transfer to cutting board. Using a sharp serrated knife, cut logs diagonally into 3/4-inch thick slices. Place slices in single layer on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until crisp and golden. Cool on baking sheets. Serve with Wholesome Pantry tea and honey!
Blackberry Lime Scones
Preparation Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time:16 minutes
- 2 cups ShopRite all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Wholesome Pantry Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Pantry Butter OR Coconut Oil, chilled until solid
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Pantry Almond Milk
- 1 Wholesome Pantry egg
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, sift dry ingredients. Cut in coconut oil (or butter) until mixture is crumbly. In a small bowl, whisk almond milk, lime zest and egg together, and mix into dry ingredients. Gently fold in berries
- Shape dough into a 1 inch-thick circle. Cut into 8 wedges. Sprinkle tops with sugar and bake for 14-16 minutes until golden brown.
DIY Toaster Pastries
- 1 package (2 pie crusts) ShopRite pre-rolled Pie Crusts
- 1 cup Wholesome Pantry Oragnic Preserves (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- a few tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a round cookie cutter to cut out circles from the pie crust. Place plain pie circles on the cookie sheet, spread one tablespoon of preserves in the center of the pie circles, then top with another circle. Use a fork to crimp the edges to finish your pastry tarts.
- Whisk together the egg and a few tbsp of water to make an egg wash. Brush over your pastries before putting in the oven and baking 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.