Tired of serving up the same old dishes again and again? Bring some fresh, bright, Greek flavor to the dinner table with a classic Mediterranean feast!
What’s On the Menu
Pita Chips and Hummus Trio
Homemade Tzatziki (Greek Yogurt Dip)
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and shredded
- 2 cups Wholesome Pantry Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp ShopRite Trading Co Greek olive oil
- 1 tbsp ShopRite Imported red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Mix all ingredients together in bowl. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight. Serve with falafel sandwiches, pita and/or pita chips
Greek Chickpea Salad
- 1/2 cup plain Wholesome Pantry Greek yogurt
- 2-3 tsp lemon zest
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp chopped fresh dill
- 2 large cucumbers, seeded and diced
- 1 (15-oz.) can Wholesome Pantry Garbanzo Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup Wholesome Pantry Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup ShopRite crumbled feta
- For the dressing, in a small bowl stir together yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, dill, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cucumbers, garbanzo beans, tomatoes and onion. Pour dressing over mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with feta. Refrigerate up to 2 hours or serve immediately.
Homemade Falafel Sandwiches
For the falafel:
- 3 can Wholesome Pantry Garbanzo beans
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp Wholesome Pantry Tahini
- Vegetable or Canola Oil for frying
For the sandwiches:
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sliced tomato
- 1/4 cup sliced cucumber
- Tzatziki sauce (recipe above)
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Add the beans, along with all the other ingredients, to a large food processor. Pulse until mixture is homogenous.
- Refrigerate your falafel mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight, before frying.
- Make balls or patties by scooping 2 tablespoons of falafel mixture and shaping with your hands (wet your hands slightly to keep them from sticking)
- Pan fry or deep fry for 3-6 minutes, or until brown and golden. Let drain on paper towel-lined cooling rack before assembling sandwiches
- Cut pita open to make a pocket. Stuff the pita with falafel and remaining vegetables.
- Top with tzatziki sauce and enjoy!