Forget breadcrumbs, take your SuperBowl menu to a whole new level with these 5 flavorful Doritos-crusted appetizers’ recipes!
Spicy Popcorn Chicken Bites
- 2 lb Wholesome Pantry chicken breast tenders, sliced into bite-size pieces (about 1-2 inches)
- 1 (15 oz) bag Doritos Blaze, crushed with either a rolling pin or in a food processor
- 1 cup ShopRite mayonnaise
- Wholesome Pantry Ranch Dressing, for serving
- Preheat your oven to 375F degrees and line one large cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels, then combine in a medium bowl with mayonnnaise. Toss to coat evenly and set aside.
- Place Doritos into a large resealable plastic bag. Place a few pieces of mayo-coated chicken into the bag, seal, and shake gently to coat in Doritos’ crumbs. Place onto prepared baking sheet and repeat process until all chicken pieces are coated.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Serve with ranch or bleu cheese dressing on the side.
Baked Mac and Cheese Bites
- 1 box Wholesome Pantry Macaroni and Cheese, prepared as directed on the box
- ½ cup ShopRite all-purpose flour
- 2 large Wholesome Pantry eggs, beaten
- 1 – 2 cups crushed Doritos
- ShopRite Cooking Spray
- Put prepared mac and cheese in fridge to cool completely (at least 1 hour)
- Once thoroughly chilled, remove mac and cheese from the fridge and use a melon baller or small cookie scoop to make your mac and cheese bites. Roll between hands to make sure the ball is cohesive, then place on a cookie sheet. Repeat until all mac and cheese has been used. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for at least 15 minutes to chill the mac and cheese bites.
- Add flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into their own separate bowls to create a dipping station and preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line another cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray liberally with cooking spray.
- Remove mac ‘n cheese balls from the freezer and roll each ball in the flour, then in the egg, followed by the crushed Doritos. Place it on the foil-lined baking sheet and repeat until all balls have been battered.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then flip balls over, and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes or until browned. Remove from oven and serve!
Doritos’ Crusted Mozzarella Sticks
- 1-2 cups crushed Doritos (pick your favorite flavor!)
- 1-2 cups ShopRite flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 package ShopRite mozzarella cheese sticks
- Wholesome Pantry Marinara, for serving
- Unwrap and cut cheese sticks in half. Place in a large, ziptop bag and freeze until hard (approx 1-2 hours) Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and set aside until ready to bake.
- Remove cheese sticks from freezer and, working in batches, toss the cheese sticks in flour, dip in the egg mixture and then coat with the Doritos crumbs. Do this a second time to ensure the coating sticks, then place the cheese stick on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Once all the cheese sticks have been covered completely, place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, then flip and bake for another 5-7 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with marinara sauce and dig in!
Doritos’ Crusted Onion Rings
- 2 large Vidalia onions
- ¼ cup ShopRite all-purpose flour
- 4 cups crushed Doritos
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray foil with cooking spray.
- Slice onions into 1/2-inch circles and gently separate into rings. Start by dipping one ring into flour, then into the eggs, then coating with crushed Doritos. If coating seems thin, repeat the process before putting the onion ring onto the prepared baking sheet, Repeat with all onion rings until coated.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then carefully flip and bake for an additional 12-14 minutes, or until crisp
Doritos Pickle Chips
- 1/2 jar ShopRite pickle chips
- 1 1/2 c. crushed Doritos
- 1/2 c. ShopRite all-purpose flour
- 2 large Wholesome Pantry eggs, lightly beaten
- Wholesome Pantry Ranch dressing, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450° and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Drain pickles and pat dry with paper towels.
- Working with a few pickles at a time, toss pickle chips in flour, then in the egg mixture, followed by a gentle toss in crushed Doritos until fully coated.
- Place pickles on prepared baking sheet and repeat until all pickles have been coated. Bake at 450 until pickles are golden and crispy, about 8 minutes per side.
- Serve with ranch dressing or bleu cheese, if desired.